The Anchor System Wiki
In any of the apps after you've entered your answer press space or enter to submit your answer.
The ordering of the applications is based on difficulty and knowledge of the anchor system
- In the left box is a note, convert it to it's number
- In the left box is the name of an interval, convert that to a number of semitones
- Solve the question on the left, making sure that your solution is a number from 0 ... 11
anchor interval trainer
- In the leftmost box resides the anchor note, in the middle is the other note, write the anchor interval between the two in the box on the right.
chord structure trainer
- On the left is a chord quality, give the distance from the root note that it defines on the right (space separated)
- The leftmost box is the anchor note the middle box shows a chord, you have to answer which anchor intervals are produced in the right box
- An image is shown which simulates horizontal movement by a certain number of strings, you must answer what the modification is in terms of semitones
- The line of boxes represents consecutive strings all on the same fret, an anchor interval is present in one of the boxes, and another position is highlighted, you must fill that in with the corresponding anchor interval
fretboard ai trainer
- Given an ai on a string, and another generic ai, you must figure out where the other can be located on the instrument
- The instrument is modeled on the keyboard using f g h j k l to denote consecutive strings
- for vertical offsets you can use r t y u i o and v b n m , .
fretboard trainer 2d
- For when the standard fretboard trainer is easy
fretboard chord trainer
- Given a chord derived from the standard qualities build it on the fretboard while also filling in it's ai's.
freboard ai collection trainer
- Given an ai collection (with no predefined structure to it), build it on the fretboard.
- It has vimlike controls so you can navigate easily (h, h, k, l or arrow keys to move)
- press c or backspace to clear a tile
- red indicates that you have the wrong ai
- Press M to enter melody mode
- Press H to enter harmony mode, when in harmony mode press space bar to strum the fretted positions
- In the top left we have our anchor note
- In the middle we have the anchor interval of the most recent note
Here are some tools which aid in a more general way
Gives you a unique note, a string number and an ai collection every day to reduce bias in your
string of the day
Simply shows a string number depending on the day
daily interval collection
Simply shows a collection of 7 numbers with the property that there are no 3 consecutive
notes. They are generated by considering binary numbers as bitmasks and filtering, a new collection
is shown daily